Sunday, March 2, 2014

Interview with SharmSimplePleasures


This is the. coolest. rock. ever!!! Check it out!


Today I'd like to present a lovely lady, Sharmon. She is a creative entrepreneur and sells lots of lovely handmade items in her Etsy shop. Psst.. Be sure to read her business tip - short and sweet, but oh so true! :) Enjoy!

1. Name: Sharmon
Where are you from? Montana

2. Tell us a bit about yourself and your shop/ business. 
I handmake all of the items in my shop and specialize in polymer clay items such as pendants for necklace or my fairy princess. I also handburn and created signs that I can personalize on wood that I rescued from an old country farmhouse floor.

3. When did you open your shop?
August 3, 2011

4. Why did you decide to start your shop?
I love life and I love people. Opening a shop on Etsy helped me to combine both. Creating items and meeting wonderful people through my shop.

5. How do you promote/ market your business? What works best?
I do have my own blog. But I also follow several other people's blog from my Etsy team as well as blogs of friends.I also promote through Etsy search ads.

6. Do you also do business offline?
I do sell offline, to whomever wishes to buy. I have a lot of inventory available to search through.

7. Where do you get inspiration?
The rainbow! My children and my imagination!

8. Who is your target audience? Who would typically buy an item from you?
Women

How cute is this?!


9. Do you ship internationally?
Yes.

10. What has been the most challenging part of starting and running your own business?
Getting a customer base started and spreading the world.

11. What has been the best part of starting and running your own business?
Having no rules and being able to create whatever my heart desires!

12. Do you have any business tips you’d like to share with us?
Have fun and treat everyone the way you would treat your Mom :)

13. What are your goals and dreams for your business for the future?
Build more customer friends!!

This is sold - but I couldn't resist sharing it with you!

14. Where do you hope your shop will take you?
To a publishers desk!! I would love to be an author!!

15. What’s next now? Could we get a sneak peak of what you’ll be doing and sharing next? 
I would like to start making polymer clay angel figures with lots of glitter and sparkle!

16. Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
I would like to thank you Katrine for featuring me and my shop.
I am glad to have this chance to shine, hopefully my reflection will add some sparkle to your day:)


Thanks so much Sharmon!! It's been a pleasure getting to know you - and you've definitely added a lot of sparkle to my day ;) We share the same dream - I would also love to be an author!! Good luck with your shop and dreams, and I can't wait to see your book in the bookshelves ;) - Keep us posted!

Blog readers, please be sure to show Sharmon some love in the comments below!! What's your favourite item from her shop?

Be sure to visit her shop, blog, follow her on Twitter - and don't hesitate to send her an e-mail!

Ps. Be sure to check out our past interviews also.

2 comments:

The Crone Chronicles said...

Katrine,

Thanks so very much for posting my interview and helping me promote my Etsy shop!

You are wonderful!!

Blessing to you all!

Sharmon

Katrine said...

No problem Sharmon! It's been a pleasure getting to know you :)

Blessings,
Katrine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...